Greatness, Growth, Governance, Generosity
The Bennett family owns a business; they are a couple in their early 50s with three children. The process in this study creates Intentional Transformation for families and businesses by guiding them to discover the greatness, growth, governance and generosity in their story that will impact today, tomorrow and eternity.
Original Financial Impact:
- They had already set up a trust for each child to provide a small lifetime inheritance.
- They wanted to provide an additional lifetime inheritance to their children.
- They wanted to equalize their children’s inheritances because they already provided a college education and down payment for a home for their oldest and a college education for their middle child.
- Their estate plan created additional trusts providing their children income and the assets to their future grandchildren.
- They had a business that was being prepared for a future IPO or sale.
Original Family Impact:
- Although the Bennett’s felt they had passed on “good values” to their children, there was nothing specific that could unify the family towards a purpose.
- One of their children had married and the family wanted to create a plan to bring new in-laws into the family.
- There was a desire to be more generous but little clarity around the impact the family could make.
- Family gatherings centered on vacations and holidays and during those event’s very few family stories were shared.
- The Bennett’s desired to have more feedback from their children on their plans but had not established an avenue to facilitate these conversations.